Somethings Wonderful This Way Came

Somethings Wonderful This Way Came
1970's Vintage Caftan in At Play

Friday, November 15, 2013

Cogitating

During the last 24 hours I have been seriously cogitating over the development of my Harwood Steiger quilt.  I definitely will use Arizona Sketchbook.  But, I want to show case the sketches, and not compete with them, thereby diminishing their appearance in the quilt.  I also want to be faithful to the period, so, traditional quilt patterns and antique patterns are out.  I think I've come up with an approach that will work in a Mid Century Modern way.  I remembered that I have some unprinted fabric from the Steiger stash tucked away.  These are pieces that Joan had saved to line garments that she made.  They are the original, same fabric Harwood would use to print on, but remain void of any design today.  It is so hard to even think about cutting this fabric.  If I fail, there is no way to replace it.  So, I'll think about it some more.  And, some more. And, some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment